Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

DVD or CD sharing update- download link does not work

Hi,

I was reading the troubleshooting suggestions in the above article, but when I went to download the update I found that the update does not exist. I'm not sure where to go from here as far as getting the remote disc to work. Everything seems to be working on my macbook that has the DVD/CD drive, and even on my iMac the drive popped up and I was able to click and connect. The error message I received happened after I clicked "ask to use" and after the macbook approved my usage. When I try to click on the "audio disc" at that point the following error message pops up: The operation can’t be completed because the original item for “Audio CD” can’t be found.

Any help appreciated!

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Aug 13, 2013 6:54 PM

1 reply

Aug 13, 2013 7:04 PM in response to rebeccalshaw

Not sure what link you are refering to but to use the remote DVD feature you do not need to add anyting to the OS, the ability to do that is already there.

This might explain your problem (from the page you referenced):

Note: These types of discs or activities are not supported by DVD or CD sharing:

• DVD movies.
  • Audio CDs.
  • Copy protected discs such as game discs.
  • Install discs for an operating system such as Microsoft Windows (for use with Boot Camp), or Mac OS X.
  • Burn a CD or DVD

To use the above mentioned discs with a computer without an optical drive, use the MacBook Air SuperDrive or the Apple USB SuperDrive. For assistance with remote installing Mac OS X v10.6 or earlier, refer to Reinstalling software using Remote Install Mac OS X.

Audio CD's won;t work with remote sharing.

regards

DVD or CD sharing update- download link does not work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.