Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod Touch 3G no sound without earphone problem fixed!

Recently had a problem in my ipod touch 3g, 32gb where there was no sound of music without earphones or the no sound coming out from the ipod speaker, even though the song is playing. I did some research on line but did not find any good fix. I did a reset couple of times and also cleaned the headphone jack. I also docked the ipod in the bose sound dock speaker but nothing helped.

What really causes this problem is water or moisture or dust accumilating inside the docking slot or connector slot of the ipod. I checked the connector slot and noticed dirt and dust inside it. So took a thin piece of tissue paper or cleaning paper and gently slided it inside the docking slot of the ipod. Cleaned all corners slowly to prevent damage to the connector pin. You can also use a sharpened toothpic to slide and clean the inside of the connector slot. I did this and the problem is now gone.

Tip: Keep your ipod or iphone away from moisture. Hope this helps. Thank you. Khurshed 🙂

iPod touch, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Aug 14, 2013 4:10 AM

There are no replies.

iPod Touch 3G no sound without earphone problem fixed!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.