Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari keeps becoming non responsive

Safari keeps becoming unresponsive...any help?

MacBook Pro (15-inch Late 2011), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Aug 14, 2013 7:45 AM

4 replies

Aug 14, 2013 10:00 AM in response to twodogs68

From the Safari menu bar, select

Safari Preferences Extensions

Turn all extensions OFF and test. If the problem is resolved, turn extensions back ON and then disable them one or a few at a time until you find the culprit.

If you wish, you may be able to salvage the malfunctioning extension by uninstalling and reinstalling it. Its settings will revert to their defaults. If the extension still causes a problem, remove it permanently or refer to its developer for support.

Jul 13, 2014 12:41 AM in response to Linc Davis

Safari does not respond to the mousewheel. Only the drag bar, which is actually my preferred method, but clear disappointment when a function is ignored by a function. Most annoyance is a huge latency in entering text in any form. Typing the text here takes a lot of minutes to appear - probably waiting for a server to expect each character? Expected the entry to be done locally and submitted...? Hate the spelling red underline

I work with touchscreen EPOS terminal latency and solve with stored procedures in SQL Server by cutting unrequired code

I did switch off the the extensions I wasn't aware of but no difference there

Safari keeps becoming non responsive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.