Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I remove the autoformatting in a Pages template

I have a receipt set up in Pages and it comes with a tabel that automatically populates the number field with $ - and overrides it when I type a £ symbol. I want to change it so it either has no formatting (As I have clients all over the world) or automatically pops in a £ symbol (As I'm based in the UK).

No cluw how to do this.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Aug 14, 2013 9:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2013 10:27 AM

You computer is set to English. In the Apple world that is American english. You change it in the System preferences > Language and text > Language > Edit list > Choose British english > Drag it to the top of the list > Restart the computer.

What you've already have in the documents will not change automatically but the new ones will have £ as default.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 14, 2013 10:27 AM in response to Faunawolf

You computer is set to English. In the Apple world that is American english. You change it in the System preferences > Language and text > Language > Edit list > Choose British english > Drag it to the top of the list > Restart the computer.

What you've already have in the documents will not change automatically but the new ones will have £ as default.

Aug 14, 2013 12:58 PM in response to fruhulda

Well that's irritating. I mean - it helps - but how annoying that i can't autoformat. I have Canadian and UK clients. So I have to change my computer's settings everytime I need to switch the denomination? That seems a bit silly. There must be an easier way to change it - or at least turn the formatting off completely so I can enter whatever I want in the table in my Pages documents. I hate to think that Word is the better option. 😝

How do I remove the autoformatting in a Pages template

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.