Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

URGENT- h.264 to ProRes issues

A client sent me a series of .mts videos that Compressor wasn't able to recognise. I used an MTS converter a friend recommended, which was only capable of converting to h.264. These videos look fine and I was confident that I could just convert them to ProRes and begin editing.

However, when I looked at the resulting ProRes videos, they look really "laggy" and kind of like they are being played in slow motion. It's really choppy and horrible. I figured it was something like wrong frame rate but everything I've checked seems to match the original video.

I'm absolutely stumped, I've tried pretty much every combination of settings in Compressor but can't work it out.

I can't edit in h.264, but the ProRes files look like garbage.

Please help, this is quite urgent.

Many thanks

Ryan

Compressor

Posted on Aug 14, 2013 11:19 AM

4 replies

Aug 15, 2013 4:23 AM in response to RyanJDizzle

Unusual to see modern cameras shoot that speed. Did your movie start out as 30 fps? Or did the converter change it?

I'm with X in that these ubiquitous format converters often cause as many problems as they solve. What he said about Clipwrap…they (and perhaps Voltaic, although I don't have first hand experience with it) are the gold standard. Clipwrap can either re-wrap to .mov or transcode. Give them a try and I think your Pro Res will play the way it should.

Russ

URGENT- h.264 to ProRes issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.