Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

looking for best application and stylus for iPad

I am looking to download an application for an ipad to use with a stylus, but don't know which application or stylus is best. Please share your opinion on the best application and stylus for taking handwritten notes.

iPad, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Aug 14, 2013 2:12 PM

3 replies

Aug 19, 2013 4:36 PM in response to bonnie39

Apps...

I've tried; Note taked HD, Memo, Notability, Paper, Penultimate, and Noteshelf. I use Noteshelf for everyday note taking, professional or personal notes. If I need to write down notes from a phone call or a list for the market, I use Noteshelf and sync to Evernote.

The one issue I have with noteshelf is, PDF mark-up. Noteshelf does not allow me to mark-up PDFs, so for that single function I open Notability.

Stylus...

I've tries bamboo, $3 stylus/pens from Amazon, and Hand. I prefer the Hand (handstylus.com).

Hope that helps.

Sep 30, 2013 11:27 AM in response to bonnie39

Procreate is the only good reason to own an iPad, it has support for the top three stylus. However iOS7 has broken the Bluetooth Bridge that Pogo Connect, Wacom and Jot need to give pressure sensitive support. Procreate hardly works now.. except..you want to finger paint.

But when it is fixed I would suggest buying the Pogo Connect and a set of nibs and if I had only one App to use it with I'd use Procreate. It's vastly superior to many desktop Apps too.

However, Apple relying on third party Stylus support only makes my MS Surface Pro look like where I'll be spending my cash on the next upgrade cycle. Why Apple has not come out with an iPad Pro is a stunning insult.

looking for best application and stylus for iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.