Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Importing photos with Info on them

Basically my mom and I have macbooks. On her iphoto I spent a lot of time organizing her library... I thought this is nice i will just share this library with mine and mine will be organized.... Unfortunately when I imported pictures from her mac I found it difficult to drag the pictures over so that they stayed organzed in the same albums... And also I spent a long time tagging peoples faces and not of that info seemed to be transfered over... 😟

I shared my moms macbook and mine through wifi sharing... is there a better way so that all the Faces and other info are transfered over... Basically there are albums and smart albums on her computer I want on mine.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Aug 14, 2013 2:18 PM

6 replies

Aug 14, 2013 11:56 PM in response to gritzildino

You talk about sharing the library, you talk about importing pictures, dragging pictures over, transferring Faces over, wanting Albums and Smart Albums on here library to also be on yours. Nowhere do you say you want to move her Library to your machine.

That's easy.

To move an iPhoto Library to a new machine:

Link the two Macs together: there are several ways to do this: Wireless Network,Firewire Target Disk Mode, Ethernet, or even just copy the Library to an external HD and then on to the new machine...

But however you do choose to link the two machines...

Simply copy the iPhoto Library from the Pictures Folder on the old Machine to the Pictures Folder on the new Machine.

Then launch iPhoto. That's it.

This moves photos, events, albums, books, keywords, slideshows and everything else.

Importing photos with Info on them

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.