Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

20 Minute Movie (Urgent)

I have a twenty minute movie that I am wanting to export. The project is extremely slow when running however the rest of IMovie (And laptop) is fine.

When I export I choose to do it through quicktime and by choosing the best quality settings, also by putting h.624 as the type. I then choose HD 1280, 1080 16:9 as my dimensions. And then I export.

As soon as I export it says '3 hours remaining' which (3 hours later) bumps up to '5 hours remaining' which 5 hours later is on '5 hours remaining' which eventually just stops midway with no explenation and no file to be found.

Is there any way I can export my movie in the best quality possible (shot on 1080p camera) with a reasonable file size as well as time to export without it crashing? Please help I need this fixed by the weekend.

I am using IMovie11 with the latest update.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Early 2011), Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Aug 14, 2013 2:31 PM

1 reply

20 Minute Movie (Urgent)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.