Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an IPhone4 S which when using Outlook suddenly displays the following warning: CANNOT GET MAIL.THE CONNECTION TO THE SERVER FAILED

Hello,

I bought a used Apple IPHONE 4S about 6 weeks ago. For all this past period, it was working beautifully. This morning, I started having poblems with connecting JUST on OUTLOOK or Hotmail and on Microsoft Exchange. All other programs, such as Gmail, Yahoo as well as other apps, such as Facebook, Whatsapp, Facetime, are ALL working properly.

the One problem I am having is when I try to log onto my Outlook ( ex Hotmail) account, I get a window with the following warning:
"CANNOT GET MAIL. THE CONNECTION TO THE SERVER FAILED"

I have done everything to solve it from taking out the card to switching it off to resetting the network to deleting my account to re-starting ..NOTHING worked.

PLEASE can you advise me what to do? The Network server was working great. So what happened and how can i fix it?

Thank you

Nina ...

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Aug 14, 2013 3:30 PM

6 replies

Aug 15, 2013 9:11 PM in response to KiltedTim

Sorry but the fact is that on the list of settings, we see Mail options with Hotmail and Microsoft exchange among others. why would those choices be displayed if they were NOT going to work on an Iphone? And actually even on my desktop, Microsoft was stating that they were trying to solve the issue which was giving us difficulties in sync on our IPhones! So basically speaking, my iPhone is working very nicely with Outlook and Gmail!

I have an IPhone4 S which when using Outlook suddenly displays the following warning: CANNOT GET MAIL.THE CONNECTION TO THE SERVER FAILED

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.