Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way to set iPhoto so it automatically recognizes a portrait image from a landscape?

If I crop a photo in one orientation, then move on to a photo in the other, I have to switch by specifying "constrain as ...". That's annoying enough, but the crop area covers only a portion of the image and I have to expand the crop area before making final adjustments.

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), 2.66 GHz Intel Core i5, 4 GB 1067 M

Posted on Aug 14, 2013 6:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2013 7:14 PM

no

LN

2 replies

Aug 14, 2013 9:47 PM in response to phidgety

As a work-around - tag your portrait photos with the keyword "portrait" or similar. This way you can do your cropping in separate smart albums, first crop the landscape photos, then the portrait photos, or vice versa.

Having the photos tagged by orientation is helpful in many ways, so it is worth the effort. For example, if you want use only landscape photos in a screensaver, or need a specific orientation for books and cards.

Is there a way to set iPhoto so it automatically recognizes a portrait image from a landscape?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.