Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes store won't display open. No error message or connection problems.

For the last few weeks I've been trying to access the iTunes store but it will not open. I click on "iTunes Store" but it just shows me a blank screen. It seems to load it judging by the bar that displays the song information but it just doesn't show any content. It also does not give me any type of error message nor does it have any problem when I go to sign in and view my account information. The problem is only on iTunes, my App Store works perfectly fine. No matter how many times I try refreshing the page it just shows me the same blank page. I have tried re-installing itunes multiple times with no results.

Here is a picture of what I see when I try to open the store:

User uploaded file

iMac

Posted on Aug 14, 2013 6:28 PM

5 replies

Aug 14, 2013 8:48 PM in response to GregCayon

Since this problem first occurred, have you shut down or restarted your Mac?

This forum category is for the older PowerPC-based iMac, but that screen shot looks like the latest release of iTunes, so you probably have an Intel-based iMac, and that is iTunes 11, is that correct? Specifically, 11.0.4?

What version of Mac OS X are you running? Have you run Software Update to ensure all available updates are installed (for the Mac OS X version you have)?

You are saying it makes no difference if you are signed in with your Apple ID or not, correct?

Aug 26, 2013 11:58 PM in response to GregCayon

This article has some tips

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts1368

(particularly under Troubleshooting on a Mac)

If that does not help... As a test, to narrow down the cause, you may want to create a new user account in System Preferences Users & Groups pane. It can be Standard or Admin. Log out and log in to the new user account (do not use Fast User Switching).

Try running iTunes from the new user account, and accessing the iTunes Store.

If the problem does NOT occur in the new account, the cause is likely to be something in your primary user account. For example, it could be user preferences settings, or something related to your iTunes library, or a background process that runs in your account that is interfering somehow.

If the same problem does occur in the new account, the cause is likely to be related to the overall OS, the iTunes application, or maybe network settings that block access to the iTunes Store.

Either way, you'll be able better focus additional troubleshooting.

Nov 10, 2013 11:30 PM in response to GregCayon

I had the same blank sscreen described above when I clicked on "App Store" or "Podcasts". I was having all kinds of provlems in the iTunes Store in general. Changing the cookie blocking settings in Safari did the trick for me. Check out this article for details:

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3388

After changing the cookie settings and quiting Safari I restarted iTunes and everything works.

iTunes store won't display open. No error message or connection problems.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.