Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it possible to connect a lenovo T61 thinkpad laptop to a imac (21.5inch, mid 2011, 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7) and use it as a external monitor? Please help! Thanks a lot.

Hi there,

Is it possible to connect a lenovo T61 thinkpad laptop to a imac (21.5inch, mid 2011, 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7) and use it as a external monitor?

If its possible, can you please guide me as Im not good with technology area. Please help! Thanks a lot.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Aug 14, 2013 7:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2013 9:13 PM

Welcome to Apple Support Communities

A Mid 2011 iMac has got Thunderbolt, and it can be used as an external display for other Thunderbolt Macs. Read > http://support.apple.com/kb/PH11302?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

Unfortunately, in this case, you can't use your Mac as an external display for the Lenovo PC

6 replies

Is it possible to connect a lenovo T61 thinkpad laptop to a imac (21.5inch, mid 2011, 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7) and use it as a external monitor? Please help! Thanks a lot.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.