Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Future Calendar events and time zones

I fail to entirely understand the difference between having the time zone support off/on for calendar, it seems that I can adjust it so that my local events in my current destination will make sense, HOWEVER, will not help me understand future events (due to them being in another time zone, and will show up in local time only). So, is there a way I can have all my events show up in their respective local time, regardless of where I am? =)

iPhone 4S

Posted on Aug 14, 2013 10:37 PM

1 reply

Aug 17, 2013 7:52 AM in response to Bonanza888

Hey Bonanza888,

Great question. Let's see if I can clear up any questions you have.

Time Zone Support will allow you to create and view events in a time zone other than the one currently used by your iOS device (other than the one your clock is set to). If you do not use Time Zone Support, your iOS device will default to the current clock setting. iOS devices that are location aware will automatically set their time zone, date, and time using Location Services. You can verify your current date and time settings in Settings > Date & Time.

If you have Time Zone support on, you will have the option to set the specific Time Zone when creating an event (a new field will display under event times when editing). If the event Time Zone differs from your current Time Zone, it will display the specific event in local time. For more information, see this article:

iOS: How to adjust Time Zone Support for calendars

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4576

Thanks,

Matt M.

Future Calendar events and time zones

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.