Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my purchased songs won't transfer from itunes to iphone

Hello,

I have had this problem before and frustratingly can't remember what I did to fix it, I know I found the solution on these forums but can't find it! I've since had to get a new hard drive for my windows laptop so whatever was wrong has come back!

My laptop kaput meaning i lost my files including my music so I have a lot of music now on my phone that isn't on my itunes, meaning I don't want to sync and lose all the music on my phone as i don't have it anywhere else.

I re-installed itunes on my 'new' laptop and have downloaded some new music from itunes. When I plug in my iphone I can't for the life of me get it to transfer to my iphone.

I've tried 'sync only selected songs/videos' but that doesn't work and when i check 'manually manage music' it comes up with a message saying the iphone is synced with another library and everything on my phone will be deleted if i sync with this library.

I remember the solution when it happened with my last itunes was something to do with opening a new itunes and deleting my old one but i can't remember!

Would really appreciate help, this is so frustrating!!

iPhone 3GS, iOS 4.2

Posted on Aug 15, 2013 10:29 AM

1 reply

Aug 17, 2013 12:22 PM in response to Melody_

Hi there Melody_!

If you have purchased music from iTunes on your computer, and those are the songs you wish to have on your iPhone, but you do not yet wish to pair your phone with your computer and risk losing the music that is on the phone but not yet backed up on the computer, then you can always download those purchased items directly to your phone by following the steps in the article below:

Downloading past purchases from the App Store, iBookstore, and iTunes Store

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2519

It's important to note that these steps require iOS 5, so you may need to update your phone, depending on your current iOS version. Thanks for being a part of the Apple Support Communities!

Regards,

Braden

my purchased songs won't transfer from itunes to iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.