Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cleanmymac 2

Does anyone use Cleanmymac 2?

Mac mini

Posted on Aug 15, 2013 12:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2013 12:47 PM

I used it in the past and I didn't have any problem. However, it's dangerous to use this type of applications, because they can delete system files, having to reinstall or losing files.

Don't use cleaning apps. OS X knows how to take care of itself > http://pondini.org/OSX/Scripts.html

2 replies

Aug 15, 2013 12:52 PM in response to PeterCC

When I tested it I found that it didn't do nearly what it claimed. Plus it also did something that were dangerous with out telling me. For these reason I recommend against using it.

In all of my testing I found this to be true of all of the so called "cleanup" applications hence my reason for rejecting them all.

The only thing I recommend is OmniDiskSweeper. It will tell you the names of the files and folders that are using the most disk space. With that knowledge you can decide what must be moved and what can be deleted.

Even use that method I recommend that a backup be taken before any disk cleaning is attempted.

Allan

cleanmymac 2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.