Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't upload to Youtube via FCP X Share

When I try to Share my movie to YouTube as a private video, I get this error message:

AccountMigrated

Url=https://www.google.com/account/

I have a channel set up on Youtube ready to go.

How do I fix this in FCP X and make it upload the movie?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8), 4 GB RAM

Posted on Aug 15, 2013 12:10 PM

19 replies

Aug 21, 2013 9:15 AM in response to John Pomeroy 3

I just shared a video to YouTube for the first time and had no FCPX problems. Entered my account and password, sent the video. The only problem I had was when using my browser to sign onto YouTube, the Video Manager had a error message that the video was too long (32 minutes), that I have to sign up to allow longer than 15 minute videos. I did so, went back to FCPX and uploaded the video again with no other issues.

Aug 30, 2013 6:58 AM in response to pixel-pablo

I had trouble with this for the last several days, and finally figured it out. If your Youtube account is linked to Google+ (which almost all are at this point), you need to log in to google+ and go to settings. Scroll down to third party tools and create a password. They have already created a username under that section, so once you've created a password try exporting to youtube and when it asks for username/password, use the password you created along with the username they automatically generated under third party tools.

Sep 12, 2013 2:27 PM in response to AVIANbryan

Thanks AVIANbryan. This is the solution to the problem.

Google have been trying to turn youtube acounts into google+ accounts for the past few months. Trying to make you use your real name for Youtube. Once you change your youtube account to a Google+ account, Final Cut Pro needs this workaround to upload to Youtube. It's pretty simple though.

Now instead of uploading to <username>,

I must upload to <username><unique numbers>@pages.plusgoogle.com

You find the new address using the workaround in Avianbryan's post. Then Youtube uploads from FCPX works perfect.

Can't upload to Youtube via FCP X Share

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.