Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My balance is not showing up in app store when trying to make a purchase

Hi, I just loaded my apple ID account with some iTunes gift cards that I bought. The new balance shows up in my Apple ID, but when I tried to purchase an app from the App store, there's no option to select that as my method of payment. As a result, I accidently paid with my credit card instead for the app. I delibrately waited to buy the iTunes giftcards when they finally went on sale, and all that effort just wasted. Please help so I'll know for future purchases.

MacBook Air, iOS 6.1.4, App Store

Posted on Aug 15, 2013 12:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2013 12:59 PM

Are you sure?

If you have a credit balance on your iTunes/Mac App Store account, the credit is used first automatically. If the credit doesn't cover the full amount (remember in the US stores that the prices don't reflect local sales taxes which are added in the final steps of the sale) only then would the remaining balance be charged to a bank card.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 15, 2013 12:59 PM in response to Missianna

Are you sure?

If you have a credit balance on your iTunes/Mac App Store account, the credit is used first automatically. If the credit doesn't cover the full amount (remember in the US stores that the prices don't reflect local sales taxes which are added in the final steps of the sale) only then would the remaining balance be charged to a bank card.

Aug 15, 2013 1:06 PM in response to Dah•veed

OH, thanks for that. After your response, I checked my Apple account and indeed it was deducted from my previously loaded balance. I just assumed it was charged to my credit card because my information was there already and there was no option to pay with my balance.

Can you tell it was my first time making a purchase from the App Store with the giftcard?

Thanks again!

My balance is not showing up in app store when trying to make a purchase

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.