Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

when running windows in vmware fusion how do I extend my windows desktop to my second display

I am running Windows 7 x64 Enterprise in a VMware session session on my MacBook pro. I was just given a second thunderbolt display today and I want to be able to extend my desktop when running the windows VM. When the VM is shut down it's working perfectly and awesome. However when I'm logged into and working with in the VM, I'm limited to only using one display. It would be very helpful to be able to extend to the second screen as I need to run 3-4 nearly full screen apps at once and would like to utilize this second display.

MacBook Pro (17-inch Early 2011), Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Aug 15, 2013 6:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 16, 2013 7:32 AM

You might get better results raising that question in the VMware Fusion forum. I don't have two monitors so I can't test anything but a quick check on that forum for that question gave: "Normally if a user wants to use two monitors with a VM, they can select "Use All Displays in Full Screen" in Full screen mode."

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 16, 2013 7:32 AM in response to a_skydiver

You might get better results raising that question in the VMware Fusion forum. I don't have two monitors so I can't test anything but a quick check on that forum for that question gave: "Normally if a user wants to use two monitors with a VM, they can select "Use All Displays in Full Screen" in Full screen mode."

when running windows in vmware fusion how do I extend my windows desktop to my second display

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.