Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Changing Internet Provider

I am switching from Comcast to AT&T U-Verse adn I would prefer to keep my Apple Airport rather than what AT&T provides. Will I need to set up the Airport again as if it is new, or do I just plug into the the Ethernet port?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Aug 15, 2013 6:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2013 6:14 PM

The AirPort might work if it was connected to a Comcast modem/router or gateway device in the past....and it won't hurt to try to connect the AirPort to a LAN <-> port on the Uverse gateway to see what happens.

But, whenever you make a change in providers, or swap out the modem in charge of your Internet connection.....it is always a good idea to reset the AirPort back to default settings and then configure it again to work with the new modem/router.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 15, 2013 6:14 PM in response to Florida 1953

The AirPort might work if it was connected to a Comcast modem/router or gateway device in the past....and it won't hurt to try to connect the AirPort to a LAN <-> port on the Uverse gateway to see what happens.

But, whenever you make a change in providers, or swap out the modem in charge of your Internet connection.....it is always a good idea to reset the AirPort back to default settings and then configure it again to work with the new modem/router.

Changing Internet Provider

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.