Skip navigation

Changing Internet Provider

142 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 15, 2013 8:44 PM by Florida 1953 RSS
Florida 1953 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Aug 15, 2013 6:08 PM

I am switching from Comcast to AT&T U-Verse adn I would prefer to keep my Apple Airport rather than what AT&T provides.  Will I need to set up the Airport again as if it is new, or do I just plug into the the Ethernet port?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.4)
  • Bob Timmons Level 9 Level 9 (75,395 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 15, 2013 6:14 PM (in response to Florida 1953)

The AirPort might work if it was connected to a Comcast modem/router or gateway device in the past....and it won't hurt to try to connect the AirPort to a LAN <-> port on the Uverse gateway to see what happens.

But, whenever you make a change in providers, or swap out the modem in charge of your Internet connection.....it is always a good idea to reset the AirPort back to default settings and then configure it again to work with the new modem/router.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.