Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bootcamp Win 8 Pro (64) crash

Just installed Win8: pro(64) on my MBA 13" haswell witha 60G partition. I've been having trouble attempting to run Windows, the keyboard and trackpad works when ever its convenient on bootcamp... however, I discovered my wifi was not being discovered. When online I crash as Win8: pro(64) opens? The message is basically " detected problems with your pc ): " 😐😕 counts up from 0-100% then crash. I truly appreciate any help. Thanks.

MacBook Air, Windows 8

Posted on Aug 16, 2013 3:48 AM

1 reply

Aug 16, 2013 4:57 AM in response to Air Foamposite

Hibernation takes up as much space as RAM you have. So you could be very low with 60GB allocated.

Probably need to install more drivers after you installed Boot Camp 5.x set.

If you can, use wired first to get all the drivers and updates, with just basic install that will leave you short of important and critical updates.

Never assume your RAM is not an issue until tested, the Windows 8 has memory diagnostic which is quite good.

This tech article only deals with install phase.

MacBook Air (13-inch, Mid 2013): Keyboard and Trackpad may stop functioning during Windows 8 install

Symptoms

The keyboard and trackpad on MacBook Air (13-inch, Mid 2013) computers may stop functioning at the Personalize step when installing Windows 8. This occurs if you are using a USB 3.0 flash drive to install Windows 8 or the Apple Support Software (Drivers). USB 3.0 flash drives can usually be identified by a blue insert in the USB connector. Use a USB 2.0 Flash Drive instead to work around this issue.

https://discussions.apple.com/community/windows_software/boot_camp?view=discussi ons

Bootcamp Win 8 Pro (64) crash

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.