Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sony handycam HDR-CX700 suddenly isn't recognized in iMovie '11.

Hi -

I have a Sony Handycam HDR-CX700 which up until a few days ago, uploaded to iMovie '11, MAC OS 10.6.8 just fine.

I have about 13 new vids to upload, but when I connected camera as usual and used the "Import from camera" function, just one movie came up in iMovie - a vid from last December, and none of the others.

I have been through every configuration/every possible scenario - restarting, using "Disc burn" instead of "USB connect" - making sure camcorder is plugged in. Booting up iMovie first, then plugging camera in. Or plugging camera in, then booting up iMovie. Hours and hours and hours. You know the drill! 🙂

When I plug the camera into my PC, the vids upload to view, but they come out .MTS if I import them, which is a total pain to transfer to a format iMovie will recognize.

Anyway, it's important to figure out why the movies won't upload anymore in iMovie for the future, rather than getting around a sudden glitch that adds another step.

Thanks in advance.

Regards - Me!

iMac, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Aug 16, 2013 8:19 AM

5 replies

Aug 16, 2013 9:15 PM in response to jody153

No, sorry, nothing.

Dear God in heaven, this is frustrating. Hours and hours and hours of troubleshooting, just endless.

IT WORKED TWO WEEKS AGO!

Went to Mac store to plug in my camera to one of their Macs - camera wasn't recognized.

Open the camera, all the videos are there. I just can't get to them.

Sony message boards have spider webs...no one answers.

Why in the heck can't I get my videos?

I even bypassed the Sony's USB cable and plugged in a firewire cable. Same thing.

The icons are on my desktop - one is called NO NAME and the other is PMBPORTABLE. Click them open, there are all sorts of things in there, and none are my videos.

Sony handycam HDR-CX700 suddenly isn't recognized in iMovie '11.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.