Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Any suggestions about this iPod/iTunes problem?

OK, this is driving me insane.

I woke up this morning, plugged my iPod in to add two songs to it and got the typical message: iTunes does not recognize this iPod please disconnect the iPod and reconnect it, if problem continues uninstall and then reinstall iTunes.

I can't think of anything else to possibly do.

I uninstalled iTunes, reinstalled and still had the same problem.

I borrowed my father's ipod chord-same problem.

I borrowed my mother's ipod chord-still the same message.

I checked all of my software-all are up to date and not in conflict with iTunes.

All drivers have already been updated.

I restarted the iPod-same message.

I restored the iPod-same problem

I scanned the iPod-no problems were found.

I uninstalled the iPod and reinstalled it to my computer-same.

I ran a diagnostics check on my iPod, iTunes program and my PC-no problems were found.

I tried downloading an older version of iTunes-not successful.

I checked my firewalls and proxy settings-all fine.

I ran a check on my USB ports, all in working condition-all connect with flash drives, external hard drives, cooling platforms and other media devices with no problems.

Completely aggrivated after this and not wanting to have to resort to corrupting my iPod, which I had to do last time, I connected my iPod to my father's laptop and it-works just fine! I ran a few more dianostic programs and came up with nothing. For all my computer's concerned everything is working fine.

I finally did find one problem but I'm unsure about how to fix it and if it's actually going to help. I've also found that other people are having the same problem but its not affecting their iTunes program's ability to sync with their devices like it might be affecting mine. I'm not even convinced that its the problem.

Plain and simple-iTunes does not recognize my internet connection.

I've synced my iPod before without an internet connection which is irrvelent because there IS an internet connection. I know in previous versions of iTunes an internet connection wasn't necessary to sync so is it necessary now with the latest version?

Now details of my computer:

NV55S05u Gateway

6 GB DDR3 Memory

AMD Quad-Core Processor

640GB HDD

Windows 7 64

I'm not sure if any of this data will be useful but hey it can't hurt. Since my iPod connected with my father's laptop without problems I know it's probably my computer that has the problem but I would like to at least narrow down the problem either being software or hardware. If it's software I can probably take care of it on my own but if its hardware-well that's out of my comfort zone.

Is there anything else I can do before I hand my PC over to someone else?

iPod nano, Windows 7

Posted on Aug 16, 2013 8:14 AM

12 replies

Aug 18, 2013 4:45 PM in response to deggie

I already tried it on a different computer. Tough it was fine yesterday, it displayed the same message this morning that my laptop gives me.

My OS is running smoothly, I've already completed scans and ran some anti-virus programs in addition to locate any problems. Expectantly, none were found.

USB chain-fine.

USB Root Driver-Just reinstalled it and had no change. I restarted my computer as well but got the same result.

Are there any other programming malfunctions you know of?

Sep 3, 2013 7:06 PM in response to Moonsetta

Guess what??????? I did it !!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have windows XP. but everything else exact same. I updated to 11.0. wouldn't sync . bought 2 more songs to see if that helped. no. Finally, i tried to export everything so i wouldn't lose it. i don't think it took. it was there but it didnt look like full ink. I uninstalled itunes. I did not lose any songs, that one guy was right. it just takes out exe. went to itunes website on net and downloaded 11.0. just followed everything, and it looked like everything was going thru. started gettin excited. up in right hand side i tapped my ipod, took me into page. asked if i wanted to sync itunes with ipod . i thought hellyes. I hit that it went thru ipod started syncing , added my 2 new songs. brought everything up to date. i jumped and shouted for 15 minutes. everything is exactly perfect again. My advice just keep trying verything. I figured its not good to me now the way it is , so heck with it I tried the deleting . worked out for me. I'm actually happy again and popin tops right now.

Any suggestions about this iPod/iTunes problem?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.