Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

logic pro x not seeing midi keyboard

hi all i have a usb keyboard issue with pro x

i own a evolution mk361c and an akia synthstation 49 plus also a roland x7. all of these will work triggering an iPad and older daw software. however pro x wont see any of the above boards unless i keep pulling out and reconnecting the usb lead or switching the boards on and off until it finally connects but will drop the connection randomly.

now if i quit logic and fire up mainstage they all work perfectly so it seems to be an inherent logic issue

has anyone else exprienced this or is it a known issue ? is there any way i can tell what the problem may be ? can i see if the keyboard is connected anywhere...

i have rescanned midi devices but has made no difference i can see the icons for all of my remote keyboards in midi divices folder

thanks in advance

ian

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4), logic pro x MainStage

Posted on Aug 16, 2013 8:46 AM

3 replies

Aug 17, 2013 11:12 AM in response to Hotlurve01

Try this, important to delete both files.

Delete the Logic 10 preferences file AND the shared control surfaces file.

• In the Finder, choose Go > Go to Folder from the menu.
  • Type ~/Library/Preferences in the "Go to the folder" field.
  • Press the Go button.
  • Remove the com.apple.logic10.plist file from the Preferences folder. Note that if you have programmed any custom key commands, this will reset them to the defaults. You may wish to export your custom key command as a preset before performing this step. See the Logic Pro User Manual for details on how to do this. If you are having trouble with a control surface in Logic Pro.
  • then delete the com.apple.logic.pro.cs file from the preferences folder.

Jul 18, 2015 6:35 PM in response to Pancenter

Pancenter

I was having similar issue from long long time ago ...

All other sequencers works but not on logic for my motif XS and korg xl.

In the beginning I was using USB , and then midi ports.

Today I noticed even the midi ports are not recognized from logic pro x.

I followed your suggestion and guess what.... it just solved like a charm and now I'm back to usb again.

OMG what can I say. Thank you so much !!!

logic pro x not seeing midi keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.