Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Updated my Ipod Touch 4th gen. to iOS6 at 12am. It is frozen at a apple with a loading bar that isn't moving and it's not 2 pm. What to do?

I don't know if it's still updating. But it doesn't seem to be moving. I tried to restart but it just goes back and loads up till that point in the bar and doesn't move. I went to iTunes and tried restoring but that didn't do anything. In fact, my iPod is charing fine plugged in. But is not showing up in devices. Help!

iPod touch, updating

Posted on Aug 16, 2013 10:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 16, 2013 11:00 AM

Try:

- iOS: Not responding or does not turn on

- Also try DFU mode after try recovery mode

How to put iPod touch / iPhone into DFU mode « Karthik's scribblings

- If not successful and you can't fully turn the iOS device fully off, let the battery fully drain. After charging for an least an hour try the above again.

- Try on another computer

- If still not successful that usually indicates a hardware problem and an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store is in order.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 16, 2013 11:00 AM in response to jmartyres

Try:

- iOS: Not responding or does not turn on

- Also try DFU mode after try recovery mode

How to put iPod touch / iPhone into DFU mode « Karthik's scribblings

- If not successful and you can't fully turn the iOS device fully off, let the battery fully drain. After charging for an least an hour try the above again.

- Try on another computer

- If still not successful that usually indicates a hardware problem and an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store is in order.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

Updated my Ipod Touch 4th gen. to iOS6 at 12am. It is frozen at a apple with a loading bar that isn't moving and it's not 2 pm. What to do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.