Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airport extreme utility 5.6.1 in Macmini OsX 10.6.8 not connecting Windows 8 Machine via WEP encypted Wifi

Hi all,

I've a Mac mini with OSX 10.6.8 and Airport utility 5.6.1.

When I try to share the (LAN) network via Wifi with WEP 128 bit encyption (password access), it serves good for MacbookPro and Android phones.

But when I try to connect my new Windows 8 hp-envy Dv6-7214nr, equiped with "Ralink 802.11 bgn wifi adapter" dinot connect normally.

If I try without encrypted sharing of Wifi (no password), this time my laptop could connect well.

On the windows side I've updated the Ralink driver.

On the Mac OSX side I couldn't update the Airport utility.

I wish to get Wifi -encrypted-connectivity. If any of the updated "Aiport utility' VERSION could resolve the issue please suggest how to incorporate the update in my macmini.

As another user mentioned, Mac's network engines shoudl support universally all devices particularly for WiFi.

Can anyone could help resolving the issue.

Thanks in advance,

Venky

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.6.8), Airport utility 5.6.1

Posted on Aug 16, 2013 11:43 AM

1 reply

Airport extreme utility 5.6.1 in Macmini OsX 10.6.8 not connecting Windows 8 Machine via WEP encypted Wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.