Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i won't to change back to Australia account but it won't let me because i have 1 pass but all that season is downloaded so how do i get rid of the pass

hi

Posted on Aug 16, 2013 2:24 PM

15 replies

Sep 17, 2013 9:59 AM in response to porkchopmal

This is totally infuriating!!! I have the same problem... I have to change the card associated with my iTunes account because the old one has expired... Having in the meantime moved (from the UK) to Germany, my new card has of course a German address so I need to "change country". BUT it turns out I have an "open" Season Pass. The thing is, its for season 4 of a French crime drama called Spiral, the final episode of which appeared (on iTunes) back in March!!! According to Apple they can do NOTHING(!!!) to sort this out. Apparently the studio controls whether a pass is open or not... OK, I can maybe believe this but... what I find UTTERLY MINDBOGGLING is that even when I tell Apple I have watched all of the season I want (and have no interest in any "extras" which may appear at some indeterminate point in the future) they tell me THERE IS NO WAY TO CANCEL THIS PASS. Unbelievable right? Apparently my only option, if I want to continue using iTunes is to open a NEW iTunes account!!! If anyone from Apple reads this - that's just rubbish!!! Sort it out!!!

Jan 4, 2014 1:51 AM in response to porkchopmal

I also have this problem, it is very frustrating and means i cannot buy ANYTHING in itunes until Homeland Series 3 pass has expired, which I have no idea when it will happen. You would think that Apple would fix a minor glitch that is damaging its revenues even if it is only for the relatively few people who need to log in from 2 different countries. Apple please sort it out!

Mar 30, 2014 4:03 AM in response to abocadabro

Same problem. Just moved back from USA to the UK. 1 Season Pass to be completed is stopping me from changing my country in iTunes and App Store, and because I now have a UK credit card and not a US credit card, I cannot make purchases from the US store (and cannot get to the UK store).

It is interesting that there have been NO responses to this suggesting a workaround. Apple doesn't do it often but this is a mess!!

Apr 7, 2014 3:02 PM in response to porkchopmal

I am having this exact same issue. Moved from USA to UK, need to change my location on iTunes so I can buy with my UK bank account (as US is now closed). I've downloaded all the episodes in the season I have a pass for but it's still not saying it's completed.

This is ridiculous! Can we get a reply from Apple here please? All I would like to do is give you more of my money if that's OK with you.

Apr 9, 2014 1:20 AM in response to porkchopmal

I have same issue (moved from Aus to UK). The show stopping me moving finished in December 2013. I wrote to Apple actually asking them to just delete my season pass and got:

"I understand that you're unable to change country because of your active Season Pass. I can see your eagerness to get things sorted out and I'll be glad to provide as much information as I can.

To ensure that this issue is thoroughly investigated, I consulted with a senior advisor. Unfortunately they have informed me that If you have purchased a Season Pass, you cannot change the country associated with your account until that season is done airing and the last episode of the season has been added to the iTunes Store."

Apr 9, 2014 4:11 AM in response to Ziki7

Yup I got pretty much the same response. It's ridiculous. The person who responded did advise sending in a suggestion that there should be a way to bypass/cancel a pass to resolve this situation and gave me this link:

http://www.apple.com/feedback/itunesapp.html

Not that it's going to do us any good in the forseeable future. I'm surprised that they're not more eager to resolve an issue that loses them business though, especially since moving internationally isn't exactly a rare thing for people to do.

Apr 9, 2014 3:23 PM in response to porkchopmal

I am having the same issue. there is a disney season that was complete late last year but has not been marked as complete and therefore cannot change my Australian iTunes account to a UK one with the same ID. Looking at other threads it does not sound like a good idea to set up a new apple ID linked to a UK address & card. Seems you lose a lot of the "benefits" of the Cloud and it wont update apps you bought under the original Apple ID....

Apple - the silence is deafening!

May 21, 2014 9:10 AM in response to HAUtoUK

Nope - the above response was all I got from Apple (they ignored my follow up email asking if they could please just delete the show from my account).

Afraid I resolved it by swapping my last remaining apple device (iPhone) for my partner's old school Samsung, and Google recognised my change in country straight away. Never going back to Apple (this was the latest in a series for me).

Jul 16, 2015 11:35 AM in response to porkchopmal

Same issue here, infuriating!! Had the same response from Apple too, though they did say that they'd raise a case with their engineering team and send a request to the network to close the pass.

It's so unlike Apple though - to put the user experience behind that of the desire of the network to push content. I get that if you'd paid for a full season (at a discount) and then wanted to end it part way through there would be extra hassle in calculating reimbursements or possible collecting additional fees owed, but when all of the main episodes completed MONTHS AGO, to force you to keep it open to deliver extras you didn't necessarily want is a bit of a farce...and even worse to keep it open to not deliver any content is just mind boggling.

i won't to change back to Australia account but it won't let me because i have 1 pass but all that season is downloaded so how do i get rid of the pass

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.