Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OSX 10.8.4 doesn't support .Nef from Nikon D7100?

Hi all!

I've a Nikon D7000 and I import all .NEF photos using Aperture 3.4.5 with Digital Camera Raw 4.0.5 build 690.5, on my iMac 27 Late 2012 i7 32Gb FD1tb, now I get a Nikon D7100 (it's a long story...) I does some photos at my friend home than I see it on his iMac (it's same as mine) using QuickView and iPhoto (imported withoud deleting it), when I come back at home, I get my SD and I tried to import it in my Aperture library, it showes me the thumbnail in the import panel, but when I import it I give an error “Unsuported image format", I can't see it using QuickView, Preview and iPhoto, I can open it only by Photoshop!

My os is updated and there isn't update in queue... Any ideas?

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4), Late 2012 32Gb Ram, FusionDrive 1tb

Posted on Aug 16, 2013 2:46 PM

8 replies

Aug 16, 2013 2:52 PM in response to RedFoxy

First off, I don't know the answer. I've had Aperture for only 2 days and have a lot to learn. But, since I own a Nikon D7000, I have come across this same complaint in two other forums. Nikoninians.org, and DPReview.

When I encountered these in the Nikon D7000/D7100, I didn't have the software, so I didn't pay any attention.

My guess is, the camera is a lot newer than the software program. So, as in many other instances. everyone with newer equipment is temporarily out of luck, and must wait for a software update.

You certainly hear a lot of grumbling on the Internet about Aperture being quite old.

Aug 16, 2013 3:17 PM in response to daikambu65

My guess is, the camera is a lot newer than the software program. So, as in many other instances. everyone with newer equipment is temporarily out of luck, and must wait for a software update.

Aperture (as well as iPhoto and Preview) utilize the Digital Camera RAW compatibility in OS X to work with RAW files on digital cameras.

Aperture may be a bit long in the tooth in some regards (e.g., noise reduction, lens distortion adjustments, etc,), but Apple is doing a pretty good job of adding new cameras once they have a chance to figure out the proper decode. 😉

Aug 16, 2013 3:25 PM in response to CorkyO2

Aperture may be a bit long in the tooth in some regards (e.g., noise reduction, lens distortion adjustments, etc,), but Apple is doing a pretty good job of adding new cameras once they have a chance to figure out the proper decode. 😉

Exactly 😀 and you really cannot expect them to get it done the very first day a new camera has been released - first they will need to have the camera, before they can start.

OSX 10.8.4 doesn't support .Nef from Nikon D7100?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.