Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Power Mac G4 not powering up

Hello All, I have an 800 MHz Quick Silver Power Mac G4 that recently started to act funny. When I press the power button the light comes on for a quick second then shuts off along with the computer. I have tried a PMU reset with no resualts. Any ideas?

PowerMac, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Aug 16, 2013 8:13 PM

5 replies

Aug 20, 2013 2:05 PM in response to maclover6

I had several G4's die on me with the same fault.

I went through a procedure of stripping out any the PCi card ( I had some USB 2 cards and firewire cards fitted ) and the AGP video card.

I then reset the cuda button. Took out and put back in, or replaced the pram battery.

Put it all back together ~ held in the power switch and they booted up OK

I don't know which of the procedures restored the mac and it worked on three G4 computers.

I think they suffer from connector problems not making contact and just need some to fiddle about a bit.

Sorry it's not a more scientific answer but as I said it worked on 3 computers that were exhibiting the exact same fault you described.

Power Mac G4 not powering up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.