Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to restore my mac (using OSX Snow leopard disc)

I recently purchased an iMac10,1. I purchased it with OSX 10.8.4 (Mountain Lion) already installed... I contacted the seller asking for the original OS discs... he never replied :/. I have recently resold the Mac on ebay... When I went to wipe clean the computer I encountered a problem.. When I went onto this forum and called apple they encouraged me to purchase the original install OS (Snow Leopard). I have recieved snow leoipard in the mail... When I popped the disc in i recieved this message:

User uploaded file

How do I reboot/resart/reformat the computer to factory settings?

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Aug 16, 2013 9:43 PM

3 replies

Aug 16, 2013 9:47 PM in response to gritzildino

Try doing this instead:

Booting From An OS X Installer Disc

1. Insert OS X Installer Disc into the optical drive.

2. Restart the computer.

3. Immediately after the chime press and hold down the "C" key.

4. Release the key when the spinning gear below the dark gray Apple

logo appears.

5. Wait for installer to finish loading.

If this doesn't launch the installer, the contact Apple about replacing the disc they sent to you.

Aug 16, 2013 10:06 PM in response to Kappy

Thanks for that! Now I went to disk utility to erase any and all of my files... I went to erase the disk and see there are two disk images... I am guessing one is a partition since it is more indented than the other one... I click on the top one that reads 1 TB ST0005... ... It say erasing a disk deletes all data on all partitions... What is a partition!? And does it matter that is being erased too?

how to restore my mac (using OSX Snow leopard disc)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.