Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Book EFI firmware Update 2.9

Hi,

I bought a new Mac Book Pro on June 14th and every day after that has been filled with regret. Latest problem that I am facing is with the EFI firmware update 2.9, which keeps popping up in the App store update and keeps on installing over an over again and doesn't seem to stop. The 90 days technical support that is supposed to be complimentary is non existent in India so is the customer support.

Apple should post an update that actually gets installed on the system.

Does anybody have the same problem on getting this update to install. ANYBODY.

TY.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Aug 16, 2013 11:37 PM

4 replies

Aug 16, 2013 11:56 PM in response to nishanthrao

Are you stopping the EFI update in the middle of install?

The MacBook Pro EFI Firmware Update will update the EFI firmware on your computer. Your computer's power cord must be connected and plugged into a working power source. When your MacBook Pro restarts, a gray screen will appear with a status bar to indicate the progress of the update. It will take several minutes for the update to complete. Do not disturb or shut off the power on your MacBook Pro during this update.

Aug 17, 2013 1:00 AM in response to PlotinusVeritas

Nope I dont stop the update The macbook is plugged in and charging and the battery has been almost at 100% whenever I have tried to update the EFI.

I have removed my windows installation, done a internet recovery by erasing and installing the OS X lion and run all the updates before trying out the EFI update. The store I bought even installed the latest OSX mountain lion and I have not been able to install the update. All other updates are installed except for this stupid update. I dont care for it but the mac app store keeps downloading the update and prompting me to install it. It is getting very irritating.

I hope some one at apple fixes this problem or at least with Mavericks.

Aug 17, 2013 1:05 AM in response to nishanthrao

The problem is that it's not an installer bug, but a problem with your computer. Other users noticed this problem, but it doesn't happen with all MacBooks Pro.

With your MacBook plugged in, download the update manually > http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1593?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US Then, follow all the steps of this website > http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1557

Sep 1, 2013 12:32 AM in response to nishanthrao

The problem is resolved..

For anyone facing the problem heres what I did.

Run Disk Utility.

Chose the Hardisk and run Verify Disk and then Repair Disk if any error are thrown up.

Choose the Hard disk partition that has the Mac OS X installed in my case it is only one partition as I have removed the Windows Partition and run Verify Disk Permissions and Repair Disk Permissions even if there are no errors after running Verify Disk Permissions.

Then Reboot the Mac Book and download EFI installer as mentioned by mende1 and install the package and reboot the system at the prompt. You will get two options there Restart and Install and Reboot, Choose Restart.

When I checked the system information the Boot rom version is updated to the one shown below, which I believe is the latest one.

Boot ROM Version: MBP91.00D3.B08

And the update doesn't keep popping up when the Software update is run anymore.

Hope this helps.

Mac Book EFI firmware Update 2.9

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.