Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

is my sealed iphone out of warranty,please kindly help to check it.

I got a new sealed in box iphone 4s from a friend, he said this is a new iphone locked wirh koodo and it havenot been activated. But when I go to the apple's website to check the information of the warranty. It is show as that the iphone's reparied and service is expired. see the picture.User uploaded file.

But on the other hand, I go to the apple's support website. It shows the iphone 4s is not activated, so we cannot see the warranty,it just let me activated the iphone.please see the picture below:User uploaded file

so I am confused that is the iphone a new one or a old one? could someone kindly help me?

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1.1

Posted on Aug 17, 2013 12:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 17, 2013 4:28 AM

I'm not sure where the iPhone came from exactly. Possibly a refusrbished iPhone that was just sealed in a box.

Being that it says your free support and coverage has expired, that would leave me to believe that the iphone has been out and about for more than a year from the original date of the original purchaser.

This information is pulled off of serial #'s, so even though you are just getting it now, you may not be the original owner of that exact iPhone.

Being not activated, that just means that the phone has not been activated to a cell network to be able to make phone calls.

<Edited By Host>

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 17, 2013 4:28 AM in response to freezl2008

I'm not sure where the iPhone came from exactly. Possibly a refusrbished iPhone that was just sealed in a box.

Being that it says your free support and coverage has expired, that would leave me to believe that the iphone has been out and about for more than a year from the original date of the original purchaser.

This information is pulled off of serial #'s, so even though you are just getting it now, you may not be the original owner of that exact iPhone.

Being not activated, that just means that the phone has not been activated to a cell network to be able to make phone calls.

<Edited By Host>

Aug 17, 2013 5:11 AM in response to freezl2008

It may be your friend damaged the iPhone 4S in some way and was able to obtain an Out of Warranty exchange unit from an Apple Store Genius bar .and has then decided to get something else .He would have paid (in US) $199 and the iphone would indeed look and behave like new .

The replacement unit would have come with a 90 ay warranty or the remainder of the donor iPhone 4S warranty which ever was the longer

Feb 14, 2016 11:49 PM in response to freezl2008

Do you know iPhone have the warranty status when it is broken. If your iOS devices is broken, Apple has AppleCare+/ AppleCare Plan with one-stop services and technical support. So as an iPhone users, we should learn to how to check the warranty status on iPhone. I want to tell you that it is not different to do it. Before to check, you should check your "Serial Number" of iPhone.

is my sealed iphone out of warranty,please kindly help to check it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.