Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple update for Epson printers (16 Aug 13) has produced "rastertoescpII quit unexpectedly" message (and printer won't work)

After downloading an update for 10.7 Lion, my printer won't work . . . and produces this message:

"rastertoescpII quit unexpectedly. This report will be sent to Apple automatically . . .

"Process: rastertoescpII [318]

Path: /Library/Printers/EPSON/InkjetPrinter2/Filter/rastertoescpII.app/Contents/MacOS /rastertoescpII

Identifier: rastertoescpII

Version: 9.14 (9.14)

Code Type: X86-64 (Native)

Parent Process: cupsd [217]

User ID: 26 . . . "

Posted on Aug 17, 2013 8:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 17, 2013 6:42 PM

Open System Preferences > Sharing and check that you have a Computer Name set. If you don't, then according to other posts, this is causing the rastertoescpll error message. So enter any name here and then try printing again.

10 replies

Aug 23, 2013 11:05 AM in response to Bike Rider

Thank you PAHU!!

Epson XP-400

Error /Library/Printers/EPSON/InkjetPrinter2/Filter/rastertoescpII.app/Contents/MacOS /rastertoescpII

Same problem sovled with a simple fix!

Open System Preferences > Sharing and check that you have a Computer Name set. If you don't, then according to other posts, this is causing the rastertoescpll error message. So enter any name here and then try printing again.

Sep 8, 2013 10:45 AM in response to PAHU

Hello,

I don't think I will be able to give you any points since I am not the OP, but thank you so much for your answer.

I had a problem accessing the iTunes Store and APP Store last night although I had wi-fi access. AppleCare had me delete the "system configuration" folder in Preferences and everthing worked fine afterwards.

But, this morning my printer would not print. It's Sunday and I can't get through to Epson, so I started a search at this forum and found your response. Sure enough, even though I did not do a software update, the trashing of the System Configuration folder removed the computer name that always shows in Sharing.

I typed it back in and now I am able to print. Again, thank you.

B.

Sep 13, 2013 8:51 AM in response to Bike Rider

Like everyone else said.....THANK YOU for your post! Am not new to mac's, but am technically challenged when it comes to fixing computer problems. Copied my rastertoescpll link into my browser asking, what does this mean, and it brought me to the Apple Support communities. No computer name in the Sharing folder was the problem! Would have cost me $19 to call Apple support and have them tell me the same thing!

Thanks for taking your time to help out others.

Apple update for Epson printers (16 Aug 13) has produced "rastertoescpII quit unexpectedly" message (and printer won't work)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.