Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lake Victoria (Uganda) is missing in the maps - photo book

Hello,

I want to make a photo book at Aperture 3 about a trip I did through Africa. Now I want to use one of the Photo Essay theme with the integrated maps to integrate my route into my book. Now it appeares that the Lake Victoria the third largest lake in the world is missing in this maps. Now I want to know if this mistake only appeares on my Mac or every where else? If there is a possible way to add the lake to the maps? Or how I can contact the apple support for Apperture, I couldn't find a way to contact them at the Apple homepage!

Thank you, Alex

User uploaded file

Aperture 3, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4), MacBook Pro

Posted on Aug 17, 2013 7:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 17, 2013 3:09 PM

The maps in Aperture's books clearly have a problem with the large lakes - I don't see Lake Victoria either on the maps in the books. And it is not the only lake that is missing: Look for Baku on the maps. It should be on the shore of the largest lake in the world - but none of the maps is showing the Caspean Sea either.

As a work-around you could create the maps in "Places" view - they do show the large lakes, Lake Victoria and Caspian Sea and make a screenshot of the map in Full Screen mode.

Also, please send feedback to Apple - only it may take a while, until this will be fixed: Is there any other way to contact Apple beyond sending Aperture feedback?

Regards

Léonie

Baku and Entebbe no longer at the coast of a large lake:

User uploaded file

A screenshot in Places View: Lake Victoria is there.

User uploaded file

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 17, 2013 3:09 PM in response to alexanderfromaut

The maps in Aperture's books clearly have a problem with the large lakes - I don't see Lake Victoria either on the maps in the books. And it is not the only lake that is missing: Look for Baku on the maps. It should be on the shore of the largest lake in the world - but none of the maps is showing the Caspean Sea either.

As a work-around you could create the maps in "Places" view - they do show the large lakes, Lake Victoria and Caspian Sea and make a screenshot of the map in Full Screen mode.

Also, please send feedback to Apple - only it may take a while, until this will be fixed: Is there any other way to contact Apple beyond sending Aperture feedback?

Regards

Léonie

Baku and Entebbe no longer at the coast of a large lake:

User uploaded file

A screenshot in Places View: Lake Victoria is there.

User uploaded file

Lake Victoria (Uganda) is missing in the maps - photo book

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.