Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ubuntu 13.04 compatibility

My problem is the following: I just installed ubuntu 13.04 and following the tutorials on the net, I downloaded the 10 tunes to use i pod nano 7. Itunes does not access the store and does not recognize the ipod, what can I do?

Thank you for your help.

iPod nano, Windows 7

Posted on Aug 17, 2013 10:05 AM

6 replies

Aug 18, 2013 11:03 AM in response to mat.264101

In the comments it seems several others have had the same problem and not found a solution. You have two separate problems. The iTunes Store problem may be your firewall, try running it temporarily wide open and see if it works.

For the second reload your USB drivers and see if that helps. Be sure you use a primary port on your computer as the iPod has to have full power.

Aug 19, 2013 10:22 AM in response to mat.264101

Mat264101

Think you need to ask more questions on the Ubuntu support forums rather than here.

http://www.ubuntuforums.org

What you are doing is running the Windows version of iTunes under wine emulation and this is certainly not supported and adds significant layers of complexity

You might get the music player to work provided you also install Quick time as well however access to the store will certainly not work as that requires Webkit to power the back end .

Also you will need to check you have installed all the media codecs as Linux distros don't include MP3/AAC support as standard.

Contrary to general belief MP3 is commercial software and not Freely (GNU) licensed.

You may have to add further repositories (download sites) to get some of the software .

Again the Ubuntu guys are your best bet for those

ubuntu 13.04 compatibility

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.