Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AGMac-Change "Chapter" and "Section" concepts...

Hello,

I started a new book in iBooks Author 2.0 and I renamed the chapter header in my language (Greek)...

In any iBooks document there are also the concepts of "Chapter" and "Section"...

For example in the "Table of contents" exists at the top "Chapter 1"...

How can I change the concept "Chapter" in the iBooks document in order to use it translated in my language in all the appearances in the book? I need the same for the "Section" also...

Thank you for your time and help...

MacBook Air, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Aug 17, 2013 2:13 PM

6 replies

Aug 17, 2013 3:32 PM in response to agorts

Select Chapter 1 in the thumbnail view, double-click on the chapter name and retitle. Apply Changes.

Reselect Chapter 1 and use the Insert/Chapter menu...slide right and choose the retitled chapter...this should result in a 2nd chapter added, with the same title as the 1st.

Aug 17, 2013 9:19 PM in response to K T

Dear KT,

The 1st step is the same with the "rename" the chapter title... in my first post...

After the renaming of the chapter, if you look at thumbnail view you will see: "Chapter 1" and the new title...

I am asking how can I change this "Chapter 1" to a translated one in Greek, because this concept, "Chapter" appears in other places in the book, for example in th TOC....!
I hope I managed to clarify it...

🙂

Aug 17, 2013 9:31 PM in response to agorts

I know what you're seeing - no need to clarify. I tested what I explained before suggesting it, and for me the change went from Chapter 1 to my change, and again, stayed that way as a global value when I added chapters based on that one.

But rather than trying to dictate a change to that string....are you using Greek as the OS X language on your computer and when testing on you iPad.

AGMac-Change "Chapter" and "Section" concepts...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.