Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

network Advanced settings, WINS ...workgroup changed, was allways empty?

What is this used for please,

I saw a 3 letter name in my Network Advanced preferances,I poke about once in a while'

and Under WINS" ..... NetBIOS name it was allways empty , MACBOOKAIR-A-79F is currently being used?

and under workbook name it said it said " amr" and was allways empty?

WHO changes this setting PLEASE im worried.

or is this to do with the ITUNES SECURITY BREACH SITUATION....

and was many of my files changed to be as WINDOWS operating system?

OH BOY!

IM driving you smart MAC;s crazy...sorry.

peace

linda

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.5), Software Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5 (11G

Posted on Aug 17, 2013 1:29 PM

4 replies

Mar 14, 2014 3:57 AM in response to linda annfrommatawan

Hi Linda,

The same thing is happening to me. I'm using a Macbook Pro 10.5.8 with Safari.

Someone had duplicated my computer's nickname that I had created originally, and added a 2 at the end of it.

Now there is a new name under WINS NetBios that wasn't there before.

I also got a pop up that said my computer was in use and the nickname with the 2 at the and had been created. Then it asked me if I wanted to use the second name as my primary.

Anyone who can give information about this - I'd really appreciate it! Linda, did you ever find a solution?

Thanks!

Jan 15, 2015 1:13 AM in response to lildwarf

Lildwarf' Well I am very sad a frustrated to report that the amr is back/ so much is happening/and my iphoto...has a handfull of images in it, However MY COMPUTER is plagued with copious "singelton folders",with one photo file" in each These Lovely delights Have a LABLE only a mathmaticaian could count'

after MANY WIPE OUTS/MANUAL REINSTALLS, (APPLE EITHER PHYSICALLY DOING MY BACK UP OR ME AT THE HAND/"SCREENSHARED.....

TELEPHONE/CHATT DIRECTION OF A APPLE SUPPORT TYPE/

I AM SO LOST EMPTY OF HOPE FOR A END...

LAST STORE VISIT MR H" SAID GOOD LUCK.

after he returned the 3rd external Hard Drive" Complaments of apple'

I was told dont touch this device!

also the last phone support for the last 3 times, or more' have called me, HUNG UP then called me back/

many apps I have seem to be available for free else where?

Things I see are NESTED' and the Version IGNORED?

many OPTIONS I cannot use

too many "f" starting strings litteraly

I NEED HELP

I WILL NEVER SCREEN SHARE AGAIN!

READ THE BOMGaR AGREEMENT ' speeling? this is who Apple uses for this REMOTE ACTION" to which I SEE WAY TOO OFTEN IN MY MESSAGES. AGREEMENT I cant deal with this anymore,I am so serious,its 4am ,I am trully wondering if I am even speaking to apple support they 'seem so unable to help/ and

I do not have email on my laptop/i did long ago,and only icloud mailfor a short time.

It Bahooves me how things like " when I change passwords- and so forth end up in drafts "IN MY WEB MAIL" from apple'

I have seen things as if they are going straight to my printer in a error LOG"

please if some one is willing to help me,

i swear,This cannot Continue'

My head my jaw,neck...mind

patients time

life

Its not fair all I want to do is use my lap top as is intended...

APPLE will not divulge things'they say my husbands work is watching computers at my home' bizzare... he kept suggesting I change the name on my device'

What is the amr for? itunes....?

one more thing,anyone else see 'apple seems to come through any app they care to and then give them a recipt? For useing the app? or what am I seeing.....

and are all macs virtually connected to a base station? I see 2 different Ips..one in the utility and another in the network settings?

Yes I realy am serious and I am stil this naieve,but I am not handing out ' free passes to info' the best I can understand how not to'

peace

linda

Jul 28, 2016 9:43 AM in response to linda annfrommatawan

linda,here still,i cannot say Why but A+ gallery

and name changed in amazon

and ipadpro ipad2 /screwy SITUATIONS ON MB 2008, 1000+ songs gullped off and out of sight.light hasbeen

broke on display so must fix again, but last i saw SAID SUMMRY SERVIC3, THE END/?

GOd, I BEG SOME ONE TO HELP ME JUST UNDERSTAND,

HONESTLY

I NEVER USED BOOTCAMP, SAW MY HD PARTIONED, AND IS WIN MEAN WINDOWS?

IM this ignorant

please some one talk to me,

its been years, i know i do not understand, have a big imagination,

but I DO NOT LIE, AND MS , DOES O ME.

I LITTELY FEEL LIKE MS IS GOING THROUGHT MY PHONE, TO A OLD DELL, THEN PUTTING APPLE STUFF ONTHE WINDOWS DEVICE?

I dont understand, I cannot TAKE This much longer...I JUST GO find my images, they are all over the place what is A+

Lildwarf' Well I am very sad a frustrated to report that the amr is back/ so much is happening/and my iphoto...has a handfull of images in it, However MY COMPUTER is plagued with copious "singelton folders",with one photo file" in each These Lovely delights Have a LABLE only a mathmaticaian could count'

after MANY WIPE OUTS/MANUAL REINSTALLS, (APPLE EITHER PHYSICALLY DOING MY BACK UP OR ME AT THE HAND/"SCREENSHARED.....

TELEPHONE/CHATT DIRECTION OF A APPLE SUPPORT TYPE/

I AM SO LOST EMPTY OF HOPE FOR A END...

LAST STORE VISIT MR H" SAID GOOD LUCK.

after he returned the 3rd external Hard Drive" Complaments of apple'

I was told dont touch this device!

also the last phone support for the last 3 times, or more' have called me, HUNG UP then called me back/

many apps I have seem to be available for free else where?

Things I see are NESTED' and the Version IGNORED?

many OPTIONS I cannot use

too many "f" starting strings litteraly

I NEED HELP

I WILL NEVER SCREEN SHARE AGAIN!

READ THE BOMGaR AGREEMENT ' speeling? this is who Apple uses for this REMOTE ACTION" to which I SEE WAY TOO OFTEN IN MY MESSAGES. AGREEMENT I cant deal with this anymore,I am so serious,its 4am ,I am trully wondering if I am even speaking to apple support they 'seem so unable to help/ and

I do not have email on my laptop/i did long ago,and only icloud mailfor a short time.

It Bahooves me how things like " when I change passwords- and so forth end up in drafts "IN MY WEB MAIL" from apple'

I have seen things as if they are going straight to my printer in a error LOG"

please if some one is willing to help me,

i swear,This cannot Continue'

My head my jaw,neck...mind

patients time

life

Its not fair all I want to do is use my lap top as is intended...

APPLE will not divulge things'they say my husbands work is watching computers at my home' bizzare... he kept suggesting I change the name on my device'

What is the amr for? itunes....?

one more thing,anyone else see 'apple seems to come through any app they care to and then give them a recipt? For useing the app? or what am I seeing.....

and are all macs virtually connected to a base station? I see 2 different Ips..one in the utility and another in the network settings?

Yes I realy am serious and I am stil this naieve,but I am not handing out ' free passes to info' the best I can understand how not to'

peace

linda

Jul 29, 2016 2:18 AM in response to linda annfrommatawan

this ipad pro is very hard to type on,sorry,im loosing all hope for peace..understanding..

who is j.c.griffth? this name and win 7 files all downloaded to phone? is why i believe going through phone to dell to phone accessing ipad2..

i read last night where they SHUT LOCKED DOWN MY NEW PHONE AND IPAD2 ,THEY THEN LEFT ME NEEDING TO GO TO APPLE WIPED ME OUT, WHY NO CLOUD BACK UP/ that was to date?

anyway, long story......ms lied said money was being returned.......stood for 2 + hrs, then copied data to kingston 3.0 travler/dongle.....

then new manager arrived,said linda youll notget money.....get away

i theen saw security guard behind me...

IT was set up!

IM going bonkers...cant understand who what to trust...They have caused me Great Loss Pain Frustrating CONFUSSION AAND MY FAMILY THINKSS IM DOING IT...

IF I SEE A CHANGENO ONE EXPLAINS, I DEEM IT HOSTILE I HATE THISBUT.

WHEN NO ONE NOT MS NOT APPLE NO ONE EXPLAINS,ANYTHING TO ME, WHAT CAN I DO OTHERWISE.IM TIRED,IM LOOSING LIFE HERE .

PLEASE APPLE HELP ME.

LINDA

<Personal Information Edited by Host>

network Advanced settings, WINS ...workgroup changed, was allways empty?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.