Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photo loss from a project when creating a smart album

Running Aperture 3.4.3 on iMac with OS X 10.7.5. Photos stored on internal drive. After creating two smart albums based on a date range, one with keywords and one with ratings, some, but not all, of the photos that appeared in the smart albums disappeared from the original projects (each project contains photos from a single day). One of the original projects still notes 454 photos under its thumbnail, but when opened only displays 308 photos. The project path of the photos in the smart album still references the correct project. I tried deleting the smart album but the photos did not immediately reappear in the correct project so I undid the delete. I tried closing and reopening Aperture. I tried system restart. No luck. Reading the Aperture help/manual suggests that the photos should remain in the original project.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Aug 17, 2013 3:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 17, 2013 4:31 PM

First: Make sure the Browser Filter is set to "Showing All" (or "Unrated or Better") when the Project is selected.

2 replies

Photo loss from a project when creating a smart album

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.