Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get win7 ultimate 64 bit to recognize more than 2gb of ram?

I know this is a common question! but I've yet to find an answer!

So I'd appreciate anyone who can help answer this question!

Thank you,

breezy

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Aug 17, 2013 2:54 PM

5 replies

Aug 17, 2013 3:54 PM in response to BobTheFisherman

To Bob,

Thanks for your response first off, second a lot of threads with my question get derailed by asking if its 32 bit, then folks with 32 bit get on here, looking to solve there issues...Absoluely positive its 64 bit ultimate i've installed on my bootcamp, and I'm only showing 2gb, here's a screen shot:User uploaded file

I have 8gb installed :

User uploaded file

in msconfig, system configurations, boot tab>>advanced options under maximum memmory, it only allows me to change it up to 2gb!

So the question is could I fix this issue without having to reinstall?

Thanks,

breezy

Aug 17, 2013 4:00 PM in response to @bigMac

I have seen a very few users that it was only when they installed Windows discovered that they had loose or marginal or other memory issues.

Of course your processor is 64-bit and that has confused a few. Some macs have 32-bit firmware which is another matter.

Back in 2008 Apple was not supporting 64-bit with t he iMac even. And it first allowed and then removed support for MacBook while the MacBook Pro was blessed with 64-bit

Can you check that RAM? access it. Run AHT. And then run Rember which is memtest. Or use Windows memory utitliy or on the DVD it also has memtest which does a good job.

How do I get win7 ultimate 64 bit to recognize more than 2gb of ram?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.