Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

however when I select base station from the airport utility menu everything is grayed out.

Just purchased airport base station. wireless is working. however when I select base station from the airport utility menu everything is grayed out. It is not recognizing my base station

airport extreme time capsule-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Aug 17, 2013 4:05 PM

7 replies

Aug 17, 2013 8:26 PM in response to jonblaser

My question is I am trying to add a WPS printer but under Base Station in Airport Utility the option is greyed out. What is wrong?

Please follow these steps exactly as stated:

Open Macintosh HD > Applications > Utilities > AirPort Utility

Click on the AirPort Base Station icon

Click Edit in the small window that appears to the right

User uploaded file

Click the Base Station menu

Click Add WPS Printer

User uploaded file

May 28, 2015 5:39 PM in response to Bob Timmons

Bob Timmons. People are asking what to do if Add WPS is grayed out. You keep telling them to do what they say the software is not allowing them to do.

Like this:

User uploaded file

Maybe this will make sense to you:

" Mom I can't get in the house because the door is locked and the keyhole is blocked"

"Son use the key to unlock the door"

"I can't get in the house because the door is locked and the keyhole is blocked"

"Use the key to unlock the door"

"I can't get in the house because the door is locked and the keyhole is blocked"

"Use the key to unlock the door"

Why did they not just add the WPS button and charge us $2 ( is at all that much) extra for the royalty they are trying to avoid paying of this feature.

Morons.

however when I select base station from the airport utility menu everything is grayed out.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.