SDJ1 wrote: ... Is there any ... way of recovering ... files ...? ...
If iPhoto 6 and later: Rebuilding the iPhoto library does not let you see the files again in iPhoto, you can recover your files from your Time Machine or other backup.
If, rather than recovering an entire iPhoto Library, you want to recover only some specific video file(s) from your backup, you will need to quit iPhoto if it is open.
Then <control> click on the library file to "Show Package Contents." Navigate to the specific file(s) in the original or modified version folders as desired. Copy (DO NOT MOVE) the specific file(s) of interest to a new location. Now, launch iPhoto with the library you want to use. Then import the file copy(ies) into the the open iPhoto library.
Terence is, of course, correct. Because you have not responded to him, you may need more detailed help.
ekreft wrote: ... I don't know what to do...
(1) Close everything.
(2) Open your User Pictures folder:
(3) Control click on the iPhoto Library in the Pictures folder
and then select "Show Package Contents":
(4) Inside the Package you will find aliases
to the Originals and Modified images:
(5) Clicking one will open either the Masters or Previews folders
respecively. They contain your images in organizing folders:
(6) Navigate the organizing folders inside to find the images you want
and copy them to a new location.
(7) If desired, you can them import the image copies into the
iPhoto Library you are creating or repairing:
(8) When you are satisfied, backup your iPhoto Library.