Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hooray for AirPort firmware update 7.6.4!

Apple today released AirPort Base Station Firmware Update 7.6.4, a new software update for customers routing their Internet connection through an AirPort Express, AirPort Extreme, or AirPort Time Capsule.

Specifically targeting users with iDevices who are having trouble getting the WiFi to work, AirPort Base Station Firmware Update 7.6.4 "Resolve an issue that may intermittently cause a loss in Wi-Fi connectivity with iOS devices."

Available for all Apple 802.11n Wi-Fi base stations – including AirPort Express, AirPort Extreme, and AirPort Time Capsule – the update also contains fixes that resolve an issue with AirPort Time Capsules reporting that the backup disk is in use. An issue that may cause an IPv6 Tunnel errors is addressed too.

A note on Apple Support says "This firmware update is for all 802.11n AirPort base stations." Instructions on how to download and install the update are available on Apple Support.

AirPort Extreme 802.11n (5th Gen), iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Aug 17, 2013 9:54 PM

5 replies

Aug 19, 2013 9:27 PM in response to Lewando

I received the same result--3 airport expresses upgraded fine, but two extremes won't see the internet. I just ran ethernet from cable modem directly to my computer, because my wireless system is now dead. Firmware upgraded fine on each of the four devices, but the extreme never glows green and happy. I have recycled it with power supply disruption and finally reset it. Same result.

Sep 21, 2013 8:39 AM in response to davidfromjonesboro

not sure if it is related but I had no connectivity after the update. I ended up clearing out my manual dns entries in the internet settings and letting my provider supply my DNS. I was then able to put my DNS servers back in and all was back to normal.

You might also trying resetting the Extreme to factory default and reload your configuration.

Good luck.

Sep 21, 2013 4:10 PM in response to Miss Mac84

I upgraded my Time Capsulate firmware to 7.6.4, but since then some devices can no longer connect wi-fi. The SSID does not show up in the list in those devices, and even if I manually type in the info, it cannot find it.

The devices that cannot connect to it are an iPod with OS 6.1.3 and a Windows 8 laptop. Other devices (iPhones with OS 6 and 7 and a macbook) have no problem connecting.

What is going on with this upgrade? I know it is specifically this upgrade, as these devices can connect again as soon as I downgraded the firmware back to 7.6.3.

Hooray for AirPort firmware update 7.6.4!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.