Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes repeatedly freezes/quits responding on launch

Every few months iTunes goes into "not responding" mode when I try to open it, I have to go into Task Manager to close it. It doesn't even show up on the screen, the tab appears at the bottom of the screen and then nothing. I've followed the troubleshooting suggestions to start a new library (on the third one now) and rebuild, it works but I have a lot of podcast episodes and it gets really annoying. Any suggestions how to stop this?

Windows XP, iTunes 10.7.0.21 (tried "upgrading" to 11 and it immediately froze, actually come to think of it that might've been when the problem started), between music/movie files and podcast episodes I have about 3,000 items. Any help would be appreciated!

iTune 10.7.0.21-OTHER, Windows XP

Posted on Aug 18, 2013 12:20 AM

1 reply

Aug 20, 2013 7:04 AM in response to RuthKub

Hello dazw724,

Thank you for providing the details of when iTunes becomes unresponsive. I found an article with steps you can take to isolate and troubleshoot an issue like this.

I recommend following the steps in this article:

iTunes for Windows XP: Troubleshooting unexpected quits, freezes, or launch issues

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1421

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Sheila M.

iTunes repeatedly freezes/quits responding on launch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.