Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Canon MX-922 And 10.8.4 - problems

I recently purchased a Canon MX-922 printer and I've posted this question in Canon's forum as well but no assistance. My hope here is to find someone else that has had a similar problem and was able to resolve it.

Allegedly their software is supported on 10.8.4 which I am currently using on a Mac Mini and WiFi is being used. There is no hard wired connection between the printer and the Mac.

At the onset, this printer will print docs created on the Mac. it will Scan providing the native Print / Scan (as found in System Preferences) is used. So we can rule out communication issues. On a side note it can be pinged as well.

However, note the following errors when using My Image Garden, Quick Menu and the Canon lj Scan Utility (all Canon software). The Canon Network Tool does recognize the printer (as it should since it is present).

The CD supplied with the MX-922 would not load, so I had to pull down the latest softrware from Canon's site. This was done on 15-AUG-13.

Again, any input greatly appreciated and many thanks!

Ron

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Mac Mini

Posted on Aug 17, 2013 8:22 PM

10 replies

Aug 17, 2013 11:07 PM in response to Ron73

Hi Ron,

I have an MX926 in the office that I can test on 10.8.4 tomorrow and get back to you.

Note that I have used the IJ Scan Utility with an MG6360 on 10.8.4 without issue. But I've never used Image Garden or Quick Menu (which I think was previously called Solution Menu), so will test and report back.

Have you tried using any of these applications when the MX is connected to the Mac when connected via USB? I'm wondering if it is more of a network issue rather than an application issue.

Aug 18, 2013 9:59 AM in response to PAHU

Pahu,

Many thanks, that would be greatly apprecaited! I have not tried connecting via USB. I am at a loss to understand why only the Canon Network Utility is working and the other applications stating the printer is not connected when I can print and scan natively. :-/

Again, thank you!

Ron

Aug 18, 2013 5:14 PM in response to Ron73

Your issue is that you have not selected the networked MX922 in Image Garden and the Canon IJ Scan Utility.

In Canon IJ Scan Utility, click on the drop menu that shows Product Name and select the "MX920 series Networked" as shown below.

User uploaded file

And in Image Garden, after selecting Scan, click Settings located in the top right hand corner of the application window. Then select the Tools button (as shown below inside the red box on the top left) and then change the Product Name drop menu to the "Canon MX920 series Network" (as shown above) and OK the selection. Now you should be able to scan with Image Garden as well.

User uploaded file

Aug 18, 2013 6:45 PM in response to Ron73

Well this is getting tougher. The only way I can recreate that same error message is to use the MX920 that is meant for the USB connection when the printer is connected via network.

Would you be able to try connecting the MX to the Mac via USB, changing the Canon IJ Scan Utility to use USB and then see if you get the same error?

Just for your info re the scanner working via the Scan tab in Print & Scan. This entry uses a differnet scanner driver (ICA) vs the full (TWAIN) driver that is used by the Canon Scan Utility and Image Garden. The ICA driver is also used by Image Capture and Preview.

Canon MX-922 And 10.8.4 - problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.