Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I fix my password at wake up from my MacBookPro8,1?

This has been happening since I upgraded my Mac from Lion, but I never bothered fixing it. After a lot of months I tried to find an answer with no luck.

After my MacBookPro wakes up from sleep, it asks for the user password, as configured.

If I am quick, which is normally the case, when I start typing and the computer recognizes the first letters of the password.

But after some miliseconds, it stops aquiring the keyboard. I have to reselect the prompt and retype it.

Really annoying.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to solve this issue?

Thanks,

pedlem

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4), Wake up from sleep

Posted on Aug 18, 2013 3:18 AM

6 replies

Aug 18, 2013 3:24 AM in response to pedlem

Yes this happens to me also on a late 2011 model that came with Lion and now I have Mountain Lion. This is fairly normal. Just give it a second or 2 after the login screen appears or after you start typing in your password. If I hit the first letter of my password then wait ---- then continue all letter are seen. Also if I go ahead with the typing but wait to hit the enter key Sometimes, not always, the password box is propagated correctly and then the enter key takes me to my desktop.

To my knowledge there is no setting to correct this. The system just takes some time for it to Wake up fully.

Oct 11, 2013 6:14 PM in response to pedlem

For reference, I have a MB Pro 13-inch that originally had 10.6.8 on it (for the first year and a half of its life). When I woke it from sleep, I could immediately type the password as soon as I saw the password prompt. It worked every time.

I upgraded to 10.8.5 a couple of days ago, and now when I wake it from sleep and start typing immediately, as my hands are conditioned to do after many hundreds of repetitions, I reliably get three characters entered, then the keyboard stops working. It is as if something else is stealing the keyboard focus. I need to click in the password box in order to continue typing.

This is definitely a bug, though a very minor one. It worked perfectly fine on this same hardware for a year and a half and immediately displayed this problem upon upgrading from 10.6.8 to 10.8.5.

How can I fix my password at wake up from my MacBookPro8,1?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.