Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to re-download OS X 10.7

I downloaded OS X 10.7 when it first became available from the App Store. It shows up in my purcase history in iTunes App Store, but not in the App Store App on my Mac. I would like to re-download it to re-install it on my Mac. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Aug 18, 2013 9:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2013 10:52 AM

At this point you need to use OS X Recovery.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4718

7 replies

Aug 18, 2013 12:56 PM in response to Dah•veed

Hey, thanks for that, but none of it will work for me. At this point, OS X Lion download shows up in my iTunes App Store purchase history (12-24-11), but the problem is that it does not show up in my App Store App on my computer. Therefore, there is no "Install" button to use. None of the recovery methods shown will work. It does not show up when I search for it in Spotlight either.

The history of my situation is this:

I purcahsed OS X Lion when it first became availbale on line and I still have the Apple receipt that was emailed to me. The problem is that none of the recovery methods are available. I purchased the application using an account on my old Mac Mini that I no longer own. My new Mac Mini came pre loaded with Lion. I want to download and install Lion on my older MacBook Air. It was my understanding at the time I bought Lion, that Apple's policy was that the purcahse could be used on all of your Macs.

Aug 18, 2013 1:06 PM in response to t0r0nt056

Lion doesn't show up in anyone's Mac App Store because it is no longer available in the MAS, it has been superceded by Mt Lion. The only way to get it at this point is through OS X Recovery.

Yes, you can install Lion on any Mac that you own or control, but only if you have a copy of the installer app. You would have needed to make a copy before you installed it as it self deletes, or downloaded it again while it was still available. It is too late at this point.

Jan 26, 2015 10:00 PM in response to t0r0nt056

But I do not! You can still purchase OS X 10.7 (Lion) about 20 buck and receive a redeem number in mail. I did that, and my purchase and order

number shows up in the App Store order acknowledgment listing. However after inputing my redeem number nothing happened. After I complained at Apple I got a fellow from India talking total nonsense. He turned out to be Itunes help desk, but my order was through App Store http://store.apple.com/us/product/D6106Z/A/os-x-lion I guess the whole system is flawed. It has been about 43 pieces of back and fro correspondence and no solution. My aging MacPro 1.1 can not be upgraded to ML without upgrading to L first. Originally Apple lied about this computer being 64 Bit, not telling us that in order to boot the 64-bit kernel of OS X a computer must have a 64-bit EFI boot ROM. Well, things are getting shamefully disappointing.

how to re-download OS X 10.7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.