Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac mini no DVI support?

Hi everyone,

I purchased a Mac Mini two years ago and for some reason it would never support a display through a DVI connection (to mini display). The machine would boot, the display would come on and show "no signal going to sleep" message and go to sleep. I switched my monitor to VGA to mini display which has worked fine ever since. However, this past week I purchased a Wacom Cintiq 22HD which has a built in DVI cable. I've connected it to a display splitter with an adapter for DVI to VGA, attempting to have a dual display with my previous montior and the Cintiq.

It looks like the mini is still reading it as a DVI because it's still giving me the "no signal going to sleep" message and it goes to sleep.

Cintiq drivers are installed.

I'm running Mac OS X 10.6.8

Model Name: Mac mini

Model Identifier: Macmini4,1

Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo

Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz

Number Of Processors: 1

Total Number Of Cores: 2

L2 Cache: 3 MB

Memory: 2 GB

Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz

Boot ROM Version: MM41.0042.B00

SMC Version (system): 1.65f2

There must be another work around for this and I have found no reason why the mini should not support a DVI display?

Thanks for any info,

Emily

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Aug 18, 2013 8:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2013 8:45 AM

The 4,1 Mac Mini has two Display outputs, an HDMI port and a Mini DisplayPort.

With the Mac Mini, you should have also received an HDMI to DVI Adapter to convert HDMI to DVI.

Splitters generally do not work well and do not allow Extended Displays.

I would try:

Using the supplied HDMI to DVI Adapter and a good DVI cable in the HDMI port for the Display.

then:

Use a Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter and a good DVI cable in the Mini DisplayPort for the Cintiq.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 18, 2013 8:45 AM in response to gateauxQ

The 4,1 Mac Mini has two Display outputs, an HDMI port and a Mini DisplayPort.

With the Mac Mini, you should have also received an HDMI to DVI Adapter to convert HDMI to DVI.

Splitters generally do not work well and do not allow Extended Displays.

I would try:

Using the supplied HDMI to DVI Adapter and a good DVI cable in the HDMI port for the Display.

then:

Use a Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter and a good DVI cable in the Mini DisplayPort for the Cintiq.

Mac mini no DVI support?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.