Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Are magnetic cases bad for the ipad mini?

I'm just wondering if magnetic cases are bad for the ipad?

iPad

Posted on Aug 18, 2013 8:41 AM

7 replies

Aug 18, 2013 10:06 AM in response to GianCaluag

Apple sells their very own Smart Cover and Smart Case. The first Smart Cover was the first cover make use of the magnets in the iPad to lock and unlock the device. I seriously doubt that Apple would have created a device to use the feature, if the magnets were harmful to the device.

I have been using a cover with magnets for over 15 months with my iPad3, and it has had no ill effects on the iPad at all.

Jun 21, 2016 10:49 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

IT was a joke, but yes it is bad for them they lea magnetic strips that disappear. It happened to my iPad Air 2, and apple replaced it because I was in warranty, but if I wasn't in warranty I would of just had to deal with it. So speak what you know. They are bad for your screen, and yes they do damage and a plot twist can be used when there's a turn in circumstances and yes if Apple sells magnetic screens knowing magnets aren't good for your screen then yes it's s ploy for them to get u to upgrade. Answer his question don't reply to me. Thank you

Are magnetic cases bad for the ipad mini?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.