Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to purchase from MAS with two cards?

I currently live in Venezuela but I have an US debit card. I have made all my purchases since 2009~ with my Venezuelan card, but now I will need to use my US card for purchases.

I purchased an app, and now the only app I have under purchases is that one. I have lost the dozens of apps I have purchased before with my other card.

Now, if I change the card information back to Venezuela, I recover all the apps, except the last one.

So I cannot update, have update notifications, and anything else. They are all under the same account though.

What can I do to prevent this? Am I doomed and I need to change my CC details EVERY time I want to check for updates?

MacBook, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Aug 18, 2013 8:29 AM

3 replies

Aug 18, 2013 8:51 AM in response to AeroCross

You can comingle content from multiple Apple IDs on your devices. The best way to do it is to use your Mac's content libraries. Authorize the Mac for both accounts and sync the content to you iDevices. Sign into one account or the other on your Mac occasionally and check for updates to content in that account. On a Mac you can go back and forth between the two accounts without issue. After content updates sync your iDevices which are automatically authorized for both accounts because they are synced to a Mac authorized to both accounts.

You don't want to manage this with an iDevice because you may only change the Apple ID on an iDevice every 90 days.

How to purchase from MAS with two cards?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.