Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Contacts available everywhere but in contacts

So I just got an iPad mini and am absolutely loving it! Barring the fact that i should have just bitten the bullet and gotten 64gig, everything was going great until I opened contacts this morning to get something... Though my contacts keep popping up withy heir information all over the place in other apps, they don't show up in the actual contacts app. I'd rather see if anyone has the solution already rather than wasting time reinventing the wheel, so I'm hopeful that its a quick fix someone out there is already aware of and ready to help me out with. Thanks in advance!! =)Kari

iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular (MM)

Posted on Aug 18, 2013 1:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2013 1:05 PM

Did you do a search in the app for one of your contacts? If you tried that and it showed not results at all, try closing the app and reboot your iPad, then look again.

Tap the home button once. Then tap the home button twice and the recents tray will appear at the bottom of the screen. Tap and hold down on any app icon until it begins to wiggle. Tap the minus ➖ sign in the upper left corner of the Contacts icon. Tap the home button twice.

Reboot the iPad by holding down on the sleep and home buttons at the same time for about 10-15 seconds until the Apple Logo appears - ignore the red slider if it appears on the screen - let go of the buttons. Let the iPad start up.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 18, 2013 1:05 PM in response to Kari Cakes

Did you do a search in the app for one of your contacts? If you tried that and it showed not results at all, try closing the app and reboot your iPad, then look again.

Tap the home button once. Then tap the home button twice and the recents tray will appear at the bottom of the screen. Tap and hold down on any app icon until it begins to wiggle. Tap the minus ➖ sign in the upper left corner of the Contacts icon. Tap the home button twice.

Reboot the iPad by holding down on the sleep and home buttons at the same time for about 10-15 seconds until the Apple Logo appears - ignore the red slider if it appears on the screen - let go of the buttons. Let the iPad start up.

Aug 18, 2013 1:29 PM in response to Demo

Hey, thanks for trying, and your advice fixed issue, though inadvertently. (I did all the restting you suggested and when I came back it, all looked the same). Since I had never used the app before, it never occurred to me that the four random contacts I was seeing were the result of a search... Maybe done by my purse? Lol... Your asking if I had done a search caused me to look more closely and to try to do one which caused me to hit the x and voila, all my contacts appeared!! Yaaaay! Thanks!

Contacts available everywhere but in contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.