Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I export Address book from OS 10.7 to OS 10.5?

Having exported my address book from OS 10.5 IMac to OS 10.7 MacBook Air, I have now added so much to the 10.7 Address Book that I would like to expoert it to the old Address Book. Possible?

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Aug 18, 2013 2:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2013 3:14 PM

Hi, try selecting all & under the file menu>Export>vCard, then try to Import that .vcf file on the older one.

4 replies

Aug 18, 2013 3:41 PM in response to BDAqua

Thanks, and correction (yikes): I actually am working with 10.6 (not 10.5). I like the older Address Book format and would have retained it in 10.7 if I could have. Is there any risk in messing up the 10.6 Address Book program if I try to force on it the newer formatting of 10.7. I understand how all of those nice categories listed in the 3-pane format of 10.6 can be lumped into the less useful 10.7 version, but I do not understand how 10.6 knows how to tell a later program that it wants to revise the formatting that is arriving with the import. In other words, will just trying the expoert-import be risk-free? Than you.

Can I export Address book from OS 10.7 to OS 10.5?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.